The Canadian Music Fest, part of Canadian Music Week, will take place at Toronto clubs and music venues from March 21-25, 2012. While primarily showcasing up-and-coming Canadian music artists, the festival includes well-known international musicians including virtuoso guitarists Slash (in performance) and Jeff Beck (at a ticketed interview).
Some of the Toronto venues hosting the festival include the Bovine Sex Club, Cadillac Lounge, C’est What, Cheval, Cobra, Crawford, Czehoski, Drake Underground, the Gladstone Hotel, the Horseshoe Tavern, Kool Haus, Lee’s Palace, the Revival, the Rivoli, Silver Dollar, Tattoo Rock Parlour, the Dakota, the Garrison, the Great Hall, the Opera House, the Ossington, Wrongbar and Velvet Underground.
While a wristband will get you access to over 900 artist performances, select events are reserved seating only. Check the festival schedule to determine if an event is ticketed or allows wristband access.
Canadian Music Fest’s ticketed events include:
- I Mother Earth at the Sound Academy on Thurs., March 22 and Fri., March 23, 2012. $32.50
- Slash featuring Myles Kennedy at the Phoenix Concert Theatre on Fri., March 23, 2012. Advance tickets sold out, but limited wristband access available.
- The Trews at Queen Elizabeth Theatre on Fri., March 23, 2012. $41.50
- Johnny Reid at Virgin Mobile Mod Club on Wed., March 21, 2012.
- Childish Gambino at the Sound Academy on Sat., March 24, 2012. $25, $45
- The Saw Doctors at the Virgin Mobile Mod Club on Wed., March 21, 2012. $25
- The Cat Empire at Phoenix Concert Theatre on Sat., March 24, 2012. $28.50
Wristbands are (1-Day) $35, (5-Day) $75 and (VIP) $150 and can be purchased online.