A sure sign that spring is in the air is the arrival of Canada Blooms, Canada’s largest flower and garden show, at the Direct Energy Centre in Toronto. Running from March 16-25, 2012, Canada Blooms will showcase feature gardens, as well as present horticultural experts speaking on a number of garden-related subjects. Best of all, this year, admission to Canada Blooms will get you free same-day admission into the National Home Show, also held at the Direct Energy Centre.
Guest speakers at Canada Blooms 2012 include Tara Nolan, Mark Cullen, Frank Ferragine, Glen Peloso, Ken Brown, Rob Sproule, Michael Upshall, Niki Jabbour and Denis Flanagan. Lectures of note include:
- “How to Live to Be 100 by Eating Healthy” by Mairlyn Smith on Thurs., March 22, 2012 at 4 p.m. on the EZPond Gardening Solutions Stage, Salon 105
- “Best Perennials and Grasses for Every Situation” by Tony Post on Sat., March 24 at 3 p.m. on the EZPond Gardening Solutions Stage, Salon 5
- “Squish or Don’t Squish” by Ingrid Hoff will highlight what to do about different bugs in the garden on Sun., March 18 at 11 a.m. on the Unilock Celebrity Stage
- “Vertical Vegetables” by Ken Brown will describe how to maximize space to grow as many vegetables as possible on Thurs., March 22 at 3 p.m. on the EZPond Gardening Solutions Stage, Salon 105.
There are lots of giveaways at Canada Blooms, including on the following Special Event Days:
- Unilock Day – Sat., March 17, 2012 – Special giveaways available at the Unilock Garden
- Nature Mix Day – Sun., March 18 and Thurs., March 22 – The first 1,250 Canada Blooms attendees will receive a gift from Nature Mix. Also Breakfast Television’s Frank Ferragine will appear on the Unilock Celebrity Stage at 3 p.m. on Sun., March 18
- Scotts Canada Day – Sat., March 24 – The first 1,500 Canada Blooms attendees will receive a gift from Scotts Canada
- City of Toronto Day – Sun., March 23 – Receive a free pass to the Green Living Show (April 13-15, 2012) with your purchased ticket to Canada Blooms.
Canada Blooms also features the following ticketed workshops, which require online registration by March 7, 2012:
- Flower Arranging, 2-hour workshop includes vase, flowers, floral food, instruction booklet to take home and Canada Blooms admission, $65
- Make a Planter, 2-hour workshop includes items to make your planter to take home and admission to Canada Blooms, $80
- Small Scale Composting, 1-hour workshop includes admission to Canada Blooms, $45
- Container DIY, 1-hour workshop includes admission to Canada Blooms, $45
- Seed Starting – 1-hour workshop includes seeds and admission to Canada Blooms, $45.
Canada Blooms show hours are Monday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sun., March 18 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sun., March 25 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tickets are Adults $20, Seniors (65+) $17, Students (13-18) $16 and 12 and under Free. Two-day tickets are $29. Receive $3 off admission if you purchase your tickets online.
Direct Energy Centre, Hall A at Exhibition Place, 210 Princes’ Boulevard
Comments are closed.