How does a women’s weekend in the country focusing on health and wellness sound? Pretty good, right? A Weekend in the Woods at the Hockley Valley Resort in Mono Township takes place Sat., Oct. 26 and Sun., Oct. 27, 2012 and will feature alternative health practitioners sharing information on a wide various of topics including Qi Gong, foods for energy and healing, Nia, natural hormone balancing, sacred geometry and mindfulness.
Some of the wellness weekend’s presentations include:
- “A Body That Thrives on Less Sleep” by Jennifer Gough
- “Food Matters – How Are You Energizing or Healing Your Body” by Dr. Fateh Srajeldin, ND
- “Develop Your Inner Gifts (Become a Medium)” by Heather Scavetta
- “Conscious Relationships and Sex” by Milena Vigliotta
- “What You Have in Your Home May Be Making You Sick” by Sheena Symington
- “Super Manifesting Your Life” by Madeleine Marentette
Outdoor workshops including Outdoor Bootcamp and a nature hike will allow participants to get outside and enjoy the fall colours and rolling hills of Mono Township, located in Ontario’s Hills of Headwaters region. Participate in a guided meditation with Carmen Maggisano on both Saturday and Sunday from 12 p.m. to 12:45 p.m.
What is a nature weekend without a drum circle? Bonnie Christina Ross will lead an authentic drum circle experience on Saturday night, accompanied by musician Daryl Thistel and dancer Erica Ross.
In between sessions, you’ll get a chance to visit over 50 vendors at the Experiential Marketplace who will be showcasing super foods, crystals, acupuncture, massage, aromatherapy, life coaching, meditation, iridology, colour therapy and readings.