HoHoTO’s annual seasonal fundraiser for the Toronto Daily Bread Food Bank will take place at Toronto’s Mod Club on Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 7 p.m. HoHoTO began in 2008 as a result of a successful Twitter campaign. Since then, HoHoTO has raised over $200,000 for Toronto Daily Bread Food Bank through various community events.
Tickets for HoHoTO’s party are $40 and can be purchased online. In addition, HoHoTO is looking for sponsors and/or raffle prizes to be donated for the party. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to donate a prize or obtain information about becoming a sponsor. At last count, HoHoTO was looking for sponsors to donate $5,000 to be an Elf at the party, $2,000 for a Reindeer and $1,000 for a Snowflake. You are also welcome to bring canned fruits and vegetables, baby formula and food, canned soup and stew, beans, lentils, dried pasta, macaroni and cheese, canned and powdered milk, peanut butter and rice to donate at the party.
If you can’t make the party, HoHoTO is also looking for community groups to step up and fundraise for their cause. HoHoTO has identified five of their favourite ways to fundraise:
- Bake sale (you can pass these cookies off as your own at your holiday party)
- Pancake breakfast or pizza lunch
- Decembeard-ize youself for the Daily Bread Food Bank
- Board or video game tournaments
- Foursies Happy Hour – Stop work at 4 p.m. one day of the week (yeah, you better tell the boss) so your colleagues can mingle over eats and drinks and suggest that people donate $5-$10 to HoHoTO and the Daily Bread Food Bank.