Spring arrives on the calendar on March 21; however, it doesn’t always look like spring outside. But that can all change by attending the Canada Blooms Show at the Direct Energy Centre from Friday, March 15, 2013 to Sunday, March 24, 2013. You can enjoy free presentations from gardening experts, gardening demonstrations, new plants and products showcase and a vendor’s market. Your admission ticket will also get you in to the National Home Show.
Some of the exhibitors include The Deck Store, Landscapes by Lucan, Bee By The Sea, Blomidon Nurseries, Arctic Spas, Peony’s Envy, Serenity 2000 Inc., Royal Stone Landscaping and Design, Toronto Botanical Garden, Limestone Trail Co. Inc., Natural Products Inc, Fairgreen Sod Farms, Green Earth Stores, Sid’s Ponds and Gardenscapes and Decks Toronto.
You’ll get great tips from gardening experts whether you are cultivating a backyard garden oasis or mastering vegetable container gardening on your balcony. Some of the presentations include:
- Mark and Heather Cullen – Gardening for the Young and Old, Fri., March 15, 2013 at 1 p.m.
- Frank Ferragine – Garden Crazy: Fable, Folklore, Facts About the Crazy World of Gardening, Sat., March 16 at 2 p.m. and Sun., March 17, 2013 at 12 p.m.
- Tourism Ireland – Salute to St. Patrick’s Day, Sun., March 17, 2013 at 4 p.m.
- Grant Clawson – Increase Curb Appeal Whether You’re Selling Or Not, Mon., March 18, 2013 at 11 a.m.
- Floral Designers – Floral Designs from Around The World, Mon., March 18, 2013 at 3 p.m.
- Beckie Fox – Smart, Simple and Stylish Containers, Tues., March 19, 2013 at 3 p.m.
- Ken Brown – Vertical Vegetables, Thurs., March 21, 2013 at 12 p.m.
- Tony Post – The Best New Perennials for 2013, Sat., March 23, 2013 at 12 p.m.
If you have brought the kids to Canada Blooms, they can experience the Children’s Garden Experience and the Children’s Natural Playground.
Canada Blooms Show hours are Monday to Sunday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. except Sunday, March 24 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tickets for Canada Blooms are Adult $20 ($17 online), Senior (65+) $17 ($14 online), Student (13-17) $16 ($13 online) and 12 and under Free. Group Rate (20+) is $14.
Canada Blooms, Direct Energy Centre, Hall A and Heritage Court
Always considered Canada as my second home as most of my family live in Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa.
Having never traveled there yet this blog gives me great insight into what Toronto offers for the would be adventurer!
Comments are closed.