It’s hard to believe that fall will soon be here. This is the season when we (partially) move our activity indoors, which is why it’s a great time to get your home in order. Find out about furnishings, decor, renovations and safety and security issues at the Fall Home Show at the Better Living Centre at Toronto’s Exhibition Place from Oct. 3-6, 2013.
Special guest speakers appearing on the HGTV Main Stage include:
- Kevin Durkee, the culinary force behind Toronto’s CHEESEWERKS restaurant and cheese boutique, appears on Thurs., Oct. 3, 2013 at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m., Fri., Oct. 4, 2013 at 2 p.m., Sat., Oct. 5, 2013 at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. and Sun., Oct. 6, 2013 at 12 p.m.
- Leigh-Ann Allaire Perrault, a designer who has been seen on Cityline and has her own company, Hue La La, appears on Fri., Oct. 4, 2013 at 1 p.m. and Sat., Oct. 5, 2013 at 5 p.m.
- The Property Brothers Jonathan and Drew Scott appear on Sat., Oct. 5, 2013 at 1 p.m.
- Staci Edwards, who has appeared on Cityline and in Style At Home Magazine and whose company, Switch Studio, creates home decor items and custom furniture and reupholsters furniture, will appear on Sun., Oct. 6, 2013 at 11 a.m.
- Annie Sloan, expert in decorative painting and creator of Chalk Paint, appears on Sun., Oct. 6, 2013 at 1 p.m.
Some of the exhibitors at the show include Alta Moda Furniture, HiddenBed Canada, Sleep Country Canada, DRC Upholstery, Monarch Linen, Svea Kitchens, Aura Kitchens & Cabinetry, Classic Wood Mouldings, Four Seasons Home Products, Novaheat Ltd., Persian Rugs Inc., Arctic Spas Leisure Products, Cranberry Waterfront Suites and Country Club and Canadian Home Theaters and Auto.
The Toronto Fall Home Show hours are Thursday and Friday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tickets are Adults (18+) $15 ($12 online), Seniors (65+) $13 ($10 online) and Students (13-17) $13 ($10 online). Kids 12 and under are Free.
Better Living Centre, Exhibition Place, 195 Princes’ Boulevard