By Lori Bosworth
Who says that lifestyle expos are only for women? Guys, embrace your inner Don Draper and visit The Gentlemen’s Expo, which takes place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre from November 22-24, 2013. Visitors to the show will be able to learn how to mix cocktails, dress for success, repair their home and learn entrepreneurial tips, as well as find great deals on clothes, electronics and vacations.
Some of the guest speakers at The Gentlemen’s Expo include:
- W. Brett Wilson, entrepreneur and formerly of CBC’s Dragons’ Den
- Bruce Croxon of CBC’s Dragon’s Den and co-founder of Lavalife
- Jim Treliving of CBC’s Dragon’s Den and chairman and owner of Boston Pizza International
- Ben Mulroney, anchor of ETALK
- Alan Cross, host of The Ongoing History of New Music
- Todd Shapiro, radio morning show host
- Chuck Hughes, star of Food Network Canada’s Chuck’s Week Off, appears on Sun., Nov. 24 with a live cooking demonstration
- Rob Rainford, world renowned Canadian chef, will show you how to grill a steak and marinate it in a ziplock bag
- Mirella Amato, Beer Specialist
- Marc Laverdiere, Whiskey Specialist
The Gentlemen’s Expo is organized into ten pavilions including:
- Man on the Move
- Tech Man 2.0
- The Travelling Man
- Man and his Castle
- Eat, Drink and be Manly
- The Stylish Man
- The Working Man
- The Well Kept Man
- The Sporing Man
- The Cultured Man
The Gentlemen’s Expo and Wildcard Entertainment Group are putting on blackjack and poker tournaments during the Gentlemen’s Expo. You can win an all-expenses-paid trip to Las Vegas with $1,000 spending money.
Be sure to stop by Dove Men & Care’s Mobile Barber Shop for a shave.
Tickets are $30 and include one Eat Drink and Be Manly passport, four spirit samples, four beer samples and four wine samples. Five dollars of every ticket sold will be donated to Movember Canada with the objective of raising over $100,000 to support Prostate Cancer research and men’s mental health initiatives.