By Lori Bosworth
If you are late to the party and didn’t get a chance to sign up for some of the lectures and panel discussions offered at Social Media Week Toronto, there are still a few sessions available. Events are happening at several Toronto venues including the Windsor Arms Hotel, Centre for Social Innovation, ING Direct Cafe, MaRS Auditorium, George Brown College during the week of September 23-27, 2013.
Learn about different social media including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and youtube; how to engage your audiences with social media; how to leverage content for mobile users; how non profits can use social media for social good; the future of social media and social entrepreneurs. Discussions are designated for beginners or intermediate users of social media.
Here are a few of the sessions that are still available:
- Using Social Media in a Crisis: A Look at How Social Media Was Used by the Red Cross During the Alberta Floods, Wed., Sept. 25, 2013 from 11 a.m. to 12 noon at the Windsor Arms Hotel. Hosted by the Red Cross.
- The Crowdfunding Success Pattern, Wed., Sept. 25, 2013 from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Windsor Arms Hotel Courtyard Cafe and hosted by RocketHub
- Social Media and the Culture of Sharing, Wed., Sept., 25, 2013 from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Windsor Arms Hotel Courtyard Cafe and hosted by nextMEDIA
- The Democratization of Storytelling (how millennials are reviving storytelling in the global age via Wattpad), Fri., Sept. 27, 2013 from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Windsor Arms Hotel Courtyard Cafe and hosted by Margaret Atwood and Candice Faktor, General Manager of Wattpad.
- Using Social Media to Engage with Community: A Discussion with Toronto City Councillors, Fri., Sept. 27, 2013 from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the Windsor Arms Hotel. Hosted by SMBB.