By Lori Bosworth
It’s the weekend to get your girlfriends together and head down to The National Women’s Show at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Taking place from November 1-3, 2013, the show features health and wellness tips, fashion trends, cooking demonstrations and home decor and design advice from leading experts. Enjoy shopping among the 450 vendors and get special show pricing on products and services. Melody Thomas Scott of The Young and The Restless will make a guest appearance on Centre Stage on Sunday at 1:30 p.m. Some of the show’s highlights include:
- Canadian lifestyle specialist, Janette Ewen appears on Centre Stage showcasing fall and winter fashions for 2013/14 from Mark’s. Times are 1:15 p.m. Friday and 12 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday,
- The Sassoon Salon Stage provides complimentary salon service.
- Toronto’s firefighters walk the catwalk in fashion shows wearing Mark’s menswear. Fashion shows are Friday at 7:15 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday at 3:45 p.m.
- Celebrity Chef Roger Mooking of the Food Network appears on the Cooking Stage on Friday, November 1, 2013 at 6 p.m. and demonstrates easy recipes made with VH sauces. Presented by VH.
- Andrew Downward from HGTV’s Divine Design provides paint and colour advice for your home. Presented by 3M.
Take a break from the show at the Grand Sud Bistro where you can enjoy wine and light fare.
If you’ve got your kiddies in tow, you can drop them off at the show’s on-site daycare.
Be sure to enter to win prizes valued at over $10,000 at the Social Media Contest Hub. Also, free goodie bags will be given to the show’s first attendees while supplies last.
The National Women’s Show takes place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building from November 1-3, 2013. Show hours are Friday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tickets are 2 for $25 if purchased online and $15 at the door.