By Lori Bosworth
It’s hard to believe that May is here when one looks out the window, but slowly, spring is starting to bloom. Here are a few events taking place in Toronto from May 2-4, 2014. Please remember that the Don Valley Parkway is closed for maintenance from Friday, May 2, 2014 at 10 p.m. to Sunday, May 4, 2014 at 6 a.m.:
1) Jane’s Walk Toronto – There are over 130 Jane’s Walks taking place throughout Toronto from May 2-4, 2014. The walks are a great way to learn more about our city.
2) The GoodLife Fitness Toronto Marathon will take place on Sunday, May 4, 2014. Online registration is closed, but you can still register on site on Sunday. In addition to the marathon, you can participate in the half-marathon, 5k run or 5k walk.
3) The Spring Beach Studio Tour takes place May 2-4, 2014. The self-guided tour stops at artisans’ studios in the Beaches and features art, design and jewellery.
4) The Walk for Muscular Dystrophy takes place on Saturday, May 3, 2014 at Cherry Beach Park. Register at 10 a.m.
5) Elle Hardware Hosts Bling For Boobs Launch Party at their 695 Queen Street West location on Sunday, May 4, 2014 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Shop for Mother’s Day at this popular accessories store while enjoying pink champagne cocktails and hors d’oeuvres. You’ll find in-store sales and a trunk show while 10% of the proceeds of sales go to Rethink Breast Cancer.
6) The Toronto Raptors play Game 7 of the Eastern Conference First Round playoffs against the Brooklyn Nets on Sunday, May 4, 2014 at the Air Canada Centre if they do not win their game on May 2, 2014.
7) The Sound of Music continues at the Randolph Theatre until Saturday, May 3, 2014. The Lower Ossington Theatre production is glorious and your kids should enjoy it.
8) The Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival continues to Sunday, May 4, 2014 at venues including The Bloor Hot Docs Cinema, Fox Theatre, Isabel Bader Theatre, Hart House Theatre, The Revue and The Regent. Buy tickets online.
9) The Easter Flower Show at Allan Gardens Conservatory runs until Sunday, May 4, 2014. Check out gorgeous Easter lilies and hydrangeas in the front room. The Spring Flower Show continues throughout May.
10) Francis Bacon & Henry Moore: Terror and Beauty continues at the Art Gallery of Ontario. The pairing of these two legendary artists reveals similarities in their work including subject matter and mood.