By Lori Bosworth
Exposure, an annual photography event presented by Henry’s, will take place from Friday, May 23, 2014 to Sunday, May 25, 2014 at the International Centre in Mississauga. Whether you are a beginner or advanced photographer, you are sure to pick up some tips and learn about the latest technologies in photography at the 80-plus seminars held during the weekend. You’ll also be able to hear several keynote speakers discussing everything from portrait to mobile to fashion photography.
The keynote speakers at Exposure include:
Colonel Chris Hadfield, former Commander of the International Space Station, will give a keynote, Reflections from Space, presented by Nikon Canada Inc., on Saturday May 24, 2014 at 11 a.m. (A limited number of wristbands for Chris Hadfield’s keynote will be handed out to people in line on Saturday morning. Doors open at 9:30 a.m.)
Lynn Goldsmith will give a keynote, Rock and Roll Stories, presented by Epson Canada on Saturday May 24, 2014 at 1 p.m. Goldsmith is an award-winning portrait photographer whose work has appeared in Time, Life, Rolling Stone, Newsweek, People, Sports Illustrated, The New Yorker and more. Goldsmith has photographed Michael Jackson, Bruce Springsteen and Bob Marley.
Lindsay Adler will give a keynote, Lighting Techniques that WOW, presented by Westcott & Sigma, on Sunday May 26, 2014 at 12:30 p.m. Adler is a professional portrait and fashion photographer based in New York City.
Stephanie Calabrese Roberts gives keynote The Art of Phoneography, presented by Bell, on Friday May 23, 2014 at 12:30 p.m. Roberts is an award-winning photographer, best-selling author, and mobile photography mentor, specializing in documenting human stories around the globe.
Some of the Vendor Presentations include:
- Kristian Bogner, Nikon, “Capturing Spectacular Travel Images” – Saturday, May 24 from 2 p.m. to 2:45 p.m., Room 4
- Ren Bostelaar, Henry’s School of Imaging, “Capturing Amazing Images with Your Camera Phone” – Friday, May 23 from 10:15 a.m. to 11 p.m., Stage 1 and Sunday, May 25, 2014 from 2:45 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., Stage 1
- Christopher Dodds, Canon, “Producing Professional Wildlife Portraits” – Saturday, May 24 from 4 p.m. to 4:45 p.m., Room 4
- Yuli Sheidt, “Amazing Food Photography with Your Camera Phone” – Saturday, May 24 from 3 p.m. to 3:45 p.m., Stage 1
- Michelle Valberg, “Adventure, Landscape & Wildlife Photography” – Friday, May 23 from 3:45 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., Room 4 and Sunday, May 25 from 2:45 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., Room 3
Tickets are $20. Free tickets to the Exposure Show are available to consumers who visit a Henry’s location or sign up for the Exposure newsletter online.
The Exposure Photography Festival takes place at the International Centre, 6900 Airport Road, Hall 5. Event hours are Friday, May 23, 2014 and Saturday, May 24, 2014 from 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, May 25, 2014 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.