WEST, the original King West hot spot, hosted an exclusive media preview for the re-opening of the historic WEST for a cinque à sette crowd on May 28, 2014 at 510 King Street West. Approximately 260 people attended the media preview including Melissa Grelo from The Social and Aliya Jasmine from MTV from 6-9 p.m.; more people arrived afterwards. The beautifully redesigned WEST has a local feel, featuring high design accents inspired from the past, a 90 person capacity patio and luxurious lounge and bar.
The four founders conceptualized and created WEST due to the lack of options in the area for a savvy, yet mature crowd. “We have a fantastic group of talented partners who have come together to give people our age and demographic a place in the area that they can call their own,” said original WEST co-owner Marc Kyriacou. “We want this to be a place for our friends, old and new, to relax in a refined atmosphere, grab a drink and apps, where they have the option to stay and dance the night away,” adds Toronto fashion personality and journalist Baxter. “At WEST, we hope to further encourage and act as a catalyst towards the sophisticated transformation of King West, that has already begun,” said Nina Huber. “We have a uniquely curated wine list with a paired tapas menu which we are growing each week,” says Steve Doussis, the bar’s General Manager.
• Open Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, 5 p.m. – 2 a.m. and Saturday, 9 p.m. – 2 a.m.
• Available for functions on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday
• Appetizers and tapas styled menu with a wide variety of select wines and beers and popular Grey Goose cocktails
• Fine art courtesy of acclaimed fashion photographer Babar Khan
• All staff dressed in Canadian fashion, available at Gotstyle
• Music specially curated for West featuring electronic lounge and house, with a mix of top 80s, 90s and Top 40