By Lori Bosworth
The Taste of Toronto Festival comes to Fort York on July 24-27, 2014. Here’s your opportunity to taste tapas style dishes from some of Toronto’s best chefs, as well as learn culinary tips from some of Toronto’s best chefs.
Each dish costs a certain number of Crowns. Crowns cost $1 each.
Here are some of the menu items that will be available at Taste of Toronto:
1) The McEwan Group’s Fabbrica will feature Lamb Bolognese Crostini with Minted Ricotta Cheese at Stand R11 – Cost is 6 Crowns
2) Bymark will feature Lobster Poutine at Stand R11 – Cost is 10 Crowns
3) Patria will feature Seafood Paella, a Bacalao with mussels, shrimps, bay scallops, fish, peas, crispy serrano at Stand R14 – Cost is 10 Crowns
4) Momofuku Noodle Bar will feature Kale Salad with pear, sesame, kimchi vinaigrette at a pop-up on Thurs., July 24 at Stand R3 – Cost is 8 Crowns
5) Splendido will feature Fresh Oyster, apple and jalapeno at Stand R1 – Cost is 6 Crowns
6) El Caballito will feature Tamarind Ceviche made of Jicama tacos, cod, mango and coriander at Stand R5. Cost is 6 Crowns.
You can also sample and shop among the 50 plus exhibitors. Some of the exhibitors at Taste of Toronto include Louise Prete Fine Foods, Greenhouse Juice Co., Mill Street Brewery, Whitehaven Wines, Olive Oil Emporium, teALCHEMY, ShaSha Co., Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream, Pulp Kitchen, Amsterdam Brewing Co., Recipieces, Pommies Dry Cider and The Grange of Prince Edward Estate.
Enjoy listening to bands The Darcys, The Treasures, Jane’s Party, Tim Moxam, Emilie Mover, Rival Boys and Grounders while you sample these culinary delights.
Tickets are $30 and include 6 Crowns ($6 value). Children are $15. Premium tickets are $50 and include 30 Crowns ($30 value). VIP tickets are $100 and include access to the VIP Lounge, fast track festival entry, 30 Crowns ($30 value) and 1 complimentary Pilsner Urquel beer or 1 Whitehaven wine or 1 Sanpellegrino Sparkling Fruit Beverage.
The Taste of Toronto Festival is at Fort York, 250 Fort York Blvd. Festival hours are Thursday, July 24, 2014 from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., Friday, July 25, 2014 and Saturday, July 26, 2014 from 12 noon to 4 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. and Sunday, July 27 from 12 noon to 5 p.m.