By Lori Bosworth
It’s hard to believe that fall is looming in the near future, but in a few short weeks, we’ll be focusing on back to school, back to work for those on holidays and getting our fall wardrobe in order. One of the big trends for fall 2014 fashions is animal prints. You’ll see a smattering of them throughout the mall and online. Animal prints are classic (think of the iconic stars of the 60s), yet they still add tons of style to your outfits. Here they have been updated for today’s trends.
- 1. This heel from Ivanka Trump is available at Town Shoes for $185. Wear it with your favourite black dress to show others that you do have some attitude.
- 2. You don’t have to pay a lot for your animal prints. This oversized animal print sweater from Joe Fresh retails for $16. Plus slouchy sweaters are in style for fall 2014 too!
- 3. This animal print Talula Beckledge coat from Aritzia takes no prisoners. It’s available for $198. This is your fun winter coat for weekends, Queen Street West or bar hopping.
- 4. Coach’s Bleeker Mini Brooklyn Messenger handbag in Haircalf is a statement piece. It will cost you $598 retail, but it will elevate any of your outfits to celebrity status.
- 5. Michael Kors’ flared leopard print dress features a bold print, yet it’s tamed by a demure cut. This dress can go from the boardroom to the bar. Retails for US $160.
- 6. I love these Julianne animal print point toe booties from Nine West, $200. They’ll look great with skinny jeans or a black wool or silk dress.
- 7. This ruched, animal print, elbow-sleeve sweater is from Cleo. At $44.50, it’s a great addition to your wardrobe to be worn with suits or skinny jeans.
When wearing your animal print piece, pair it with a solid colour like black, white, off-white or even your blue jeans. Animal prints can sometimes be paired with other prints, but this takes some expertise.
Although I usually prefer to buy animal print as accessories only, I must admit that the oversized print sweater from Joe Fresh is super cute. It looks versatile – you can either dress it up or dress it down, depending on the occasion. And the price is very reasonable!
I think you would look great in that animal print top from Joe Fresh, Grace, and like you said, you can’t beat the price! I love Joe Fresh’s fashions! Lori
Comments are closed.