Word on the Street, the annual national book and magazine festival, returns to Queen’s Park Circle for its 25th year on Sunday, September 21, 2014. The free festival will feature author readings, children’s entertainers and a marketplace featuring publishers, literacy organizations and stakeholders.
Drop by the Amazon.ca Bestseller Stage to see the biggest names in Canadian literature, including:
- Frances Itani, Tell, 1 p.m. to 1:45 p.m.
- Dionne Brand, Love Enough, 1:45 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Kenneth Oppel, The Boundless, 2:15 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.
- Robyn Doolittle and Robert Rotenberg, City Hall: Fact or Fiction?, 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Bring your kids to the TVOKids Stage to see the following acts:
- Gisele’s Big Book Adventure, 12:30 p.m.
- Reading Rangers, 1:30 p.m.
- Jay’s Family Jam featuring AnimalKingdom, 3:30 p.m.
- Polkaroo on Stage, 5 p.m.
Find out about some of the most exciting fiction, nonfiction and poetry books of the year at the Great Books Marquee, including:
- Moving Forward Sideways Like a Crab, Shani Mootoo, 1:45 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Between, Angie Abdou, 2:45 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Cloud, Eric McCormack, 3:45 p.m. to 4:15 p.m.