By Lori Bosworth
Tilde, a new taco restaurant opening on the Danforth, will be offering the public free food and beer during its grand opening from October 16-17, 2014. Located at 699 Danforth Avenue at Pape, Tilde is a 68-seat casual dining taqueria During their grand opening, guests will receive:
- Two free tacos and beer samples on Thursday, October 16 and Friday, October 17, 2014 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Free beer samples will be courtesy of Tilde’s brewery partners’ Mill Street, Great Lakes, Black Oak and Wellington Breweries*
- 15% off all Food on Tuesday, October 14, 2014 and Wednesday, October 15, 2014
- 15% of all drinks on Saturday, October 18, 2014
* Free beer served on Octpber 16, 2014 is from Mill Street Brewery and Great Lakes Brewery; free beer served on October 17, 2014 is from Black Oak Brewery and Wellington Brewery.
Executive Chef Gauravi Shah focuses on fresh, seasonal ingredients in an innovative menu inspired by her international travels. A Mechanical Engineer from McGill University, Shah worked in the nuclear energy industry before following her dream of opening a restaurant. She aspires to be a leading Toronto female chef.
Some of Chef Shah’s signature menu items include:
- Nopal (Real Cactus) Fritters served with a Roasted Tomato Salsa ($6)
- Korean Chicken Taco – spicy slow-cooked chicken with homemade avocado aioli, Asian slaw and toasted sesame seeds ($5)
- Succulent Spicy Wings – fresh crispy wings tossed in an herb soy-butter sauce ($11.5/lb)
- Cinnamon-Doused Churros ($5), served with a homemade chocolate orange dipping sauce
- Mini Paleta ($2), with flavour choices varying every day.
The restaurant features a variety of vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options. The Kids’ Menu features Fish Sticks and Fritas ($7), mini quesadillas ($3.50+), and plates with Mini Tacos ($6+).
You’ll find Ontario craft beer on tap, including Beau’s Lug Tread Lager, as well as craft beer from other local breweries including Flying Monkeys, Mill Street Brewery, Muskoka Brewery, and others. Wine from Niagara’s Vineland Estates pours freely on tap at just $1/oz. The restaurant has a comprehensive signature cocktails list, including some spicy ones too!
Tilde is open Tuesday to Saturday from 5 p.m. Tilde is located at 699 Danforth Avenue (at Pape). All major credit cards are accepted. Takeout is also available. Call 416.469.8226 for reservations.
Visit Tilde’s Grand Opening Week Event Page on Facebook for more details and updates.
Like Tilde on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter @tildetaco