The holidays are fast approaching and that can mean getting stressed about what to get for Christmas for the woman in your life. We’re trying to make it easy for you by suggesting some of our favourite products for stocking stuffers for her.
1) Organic is not only sought after on food labels; it is quickly becoming desirable in the cosmetic industry. Cheeky Cosmetics from British Columbia produce an organic lipstick that feels great on the lips while offering protection and vivid colour. Made from pure, all-natural minerals and certified organic ingredients, Cheeky Cosmetics’ organic lipstick contains organic castor oil to add shine and organic almond oil and organic peppermint oil, which makes them taste great. I tried their organic lipstick in Berrylicious and loved how it glided on my lips. Berrylicious is a fairly deep red and appeared similar to the colour of a red pepper on my lips. The organic lipstick comes in eight shades and sells for $22. Cheeky Cosmetics are certified vegan and cruelty-free. Purchase online.
2) Is your gal discarding old makeup because it contains synthetic ingredients and harsh chemicals? If so, she will probably love Saint Cosmetics, a natural cosmetic line made in Pickering, Ontario. Saint Cosmetics’ ingredient list contains no parabens, sulfates, silicone, PEGs, phthalate, SLS, mineral oil, triclosan or petrolatum. Plus, you can feel good about purchasing these cosmetics since 2% of all of Saint Cosmetics profits are donated to Interval House, Canada’s first safe haven for abused women with children. This eyeshadow in Zesty Plum, $19, is a safe bet for a stocking stuffer since it will complement most eye colours including blue, brown and green. The eyeshadow glides on smoothly, has great pigmentation and does not crease, plus it comes in a compact with a mirror. Purchase Saint Cosmetics online.
3) There is nothing better at Christmas than waking up to a new pair of slippers. Foamtreads, made by Gredico Footwear, a Canadian company, has been a recognizable name in the footwear business for over 60 years. The Hazel slipper in Native Sky, $45 (pictured below), is not only stylish, but is the perfect slipper to wear around the house or even outdoors due to its phylong and rubber patch sole. With a multi-knit design and micro suede lining, I find the Hazel slipper to be super comfortable and lightweight. The slip-on style is easy to put on while keeping my feet warm. You can even throw them in the washing machine! For a limited time, get 20% off all Foamtreads by entering this code when you purchase online: lori20 (case sensitive)
4) Adelphie natural, handmade cold pressed soap, $6, leaves your skin feeling smooth. These soaps are handcrafted from Coconut, Olive, Palm and Sunflower oils, Shea and Cocoa Butter, natural clays and essential oils and they are made close to home in Newmarket, Ontario. I tried the Patchouli Rose soap and the scent is earthy and intoxicating. Order Adelphie soap and natural skin care products online or visit their booth at the Newmarket Main Street Farmer’s Market.
5) MICRO Pedi, $49.99, is a home pedicure system that removes rough and hard skin from feet. The handheld, battery-operated device contains a roller that spins 30 times per second to remove hard skin on heels and bottoms of feet. I tried the MICRO Pedi and I have to say it left my heels feeling super smooth. I used it on my heels for a couple of minutes, which is much longer than recommended, but I wanted to remove all of the hard skin. MICRO Pedi takes two AA batteries so you’ll want to make sure you include them in the stocking so that your woman can give MICRO Pedi a try immediately. The MICRO Pedi may not completely replace a salon pedicure, but it can help reduce the number of visits by keeping feet smooth. MICRO Pedi is available at Shopper Drug Mart or online at MICROPedi
6) If your woman is converting to natural products, she is sure to like Lovefresh‘s Natural Cream Deodorant in Sweet Orange Patchouli, $15. After applying with the fingertips, I found Lovefresh’s deodorant lasted all day to keep my armpits smelling fresh. I love the Sweet Orange Patchouli scent, which is citrusy and earthy. Although invigorating when applied, the scent is not too overpowering. The deodorant’s all natural ingredients include Fair Trade Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Kaolin Clay, Sodium Bicarbonate (aluminum free), Emulsifying Wax (coconut-derived) and natural organic essential oils. Lovefresh’s Natural Cream Deodorant also comes in Lavender Tea Tree, Moroccan Rose Absolute and Lemon Verbena. Lovefresh products are available at Indigo, The 10 Spot, select spas and online.
Every woman needs a new nail polish and this dramatic polish from Cheeky Monkey Cosmetics can be donned on Christmas Day. Cheeky Monkey Cosmetics nail polish is vegan, not tested on animals and is 5-free, which means it contains no formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, DBP (dibutyl phthalate), or camphor. The nail polish applies very smoothly with no streaking. The shade, With The Band, pictured, is a midnight blue. In the photo below, I applied only one coat because I wanted the polish to appear more blue than black. Nail polishes are $15 and come in bold colours with cheeky names. Purchase online at Cheeky Monkey Cosmetics.
7) Sibu Beauty Skincare’s Sea Buckthorn Exfoliating Scrub, $19.95, contains the sea buckthorn berry from the Tibetan Himalayas that contains powerful antioxidants and essential fatty acids including the rare Omega 7. Along with premium sea buckthorn, which is known for its nourishing qualities, the exfoliating scrub contains apricot seed, aloe and lemon and orange essential oils. This gentle scrub does not irritate my sensitive skin and leaves my face feeling moisturized. You can purchase Sibu Beauty Skincare Sea Buckthorn Exfoliating Scrub at Loblaws stores.
Disclaimer: All products reviewed in this article were received on a complimentary basis.