The TD Toronto Jazz Festival returns to Toronto June 18 to 29, 2015, showcasing international and local jazz artists in popular restaurant and bar venues throughout Toronto. Some of the festival headliners this year include Al Jarreau, Branford Marsalis, Booker T. Jones, Tower of Power and the Legendary Count Basie Orchestra. Headliners will perform at the Toronto Star Stage at Nathan Phillips Square, the Jane Mallett Theatre, and the St. Lawrence Centre For The Arts, but you’ll find many jazz artists performing at your favourite Toronto jazz bars including The Rex Jazz and Blues Bar, Jazz Bistro, Reservoir Lounge, N’awlins Jazz Bar & Dining, Monarch’s Pub, Joe Mama’s, Lula Lounge, Harlem Restaurant, Gate 403, Paddock Tavern, Pauper’s Pub, Alleycatz and more.
There are many ways to take in the TD Toronto Jazz Festival. Performances with free admission will take place at the Outdoor Stage at Nathan Phillips Square including:
- Dumpstafunk on Friday, June 19, 2015 at 5 p.m.
- Groove & Graffiti on Saturday, June 20, 2015 at 2 p.m.
- RPSM animates the square on Sunday, June 21, 2015 at 2 p.m.
- Jivebombers on Sunday, June 21, 2015 at 6:30 p.m.
- Soul Understated featuring Mavis ‘Swan’ Poole on Monday, June 22, 2015 at 6:30 p.m.
- Chelsea McBride’s Socialist Night School on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at 6:30 p.m.
- Ikebe Shakedown on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 at 6:30 p.m.
- Hilario Duran & Ignacio Berroa – Afro Cuban Jazz & Beyond on Thursday, June 25, 2015 at
- Malika Tirolien on Friday, June 26, 2015 at 6:30 p.m.
- JAZZFM.91 Youth Big Band on Saturday, June 27, 2015 at 2:45 p.m.
- Raoul and the Big Time on Saturday, June 27, 2015 at 6:30 p.m.
Tickets may be purchased individually for each performance or as part of a 3 Show Pass, which offers a 10% savings or a 5 Show Pass, which offers a 15% savings. The passes guarantee entry into the shows, including front of the line privileges for Mainstage Concerts at Nathan Phillips Square. Passes are available for a limited time only and are on sale online at Ticketpro or by phone at 1-888-655-9090.