If you’re a foodie, you won’t want to miss Eat to the Beat, a fundraising event featuring gourmet dishes prepared by 60 of Canada’s best female chefs to raise support for women with a breast cancer diagnosis. Now in its 20th year, Eat to the Beat takes place on October 27, 2015 at Roy Thomson Hall in Toronto.
Some of the 60 female chefs preparing dishes at Eat to the Beat 2015 include:
- Dufflet Rosenberg of Dufflet Pastries
- Anne Yarymowich and Jeanne Da Silva of George Brown College Chef School
- Elaine Wong of Omni King Edward Hotel
- Dominique Dufour and Allison Ferland of Patria
- Bronwen Clark of Rodney’s Oyster House
- Donna Dooher of Mildred’s Temple Kitchen
- Andrea Poirier of Inn on the Twenty
- Erin Marcus of Ace Bakery
- Renée Belllefeuille of the Art Gallery of Ontario
Raffle and Silent Auction
Be sure to buy a ticket for the raffle and bid on items in the Silent Auction. The winning raffle prize is a three night stay for two at the Fogo Island Inn in Newfoundland. Air travel for two from Toronto to Gander provided by Sunwing Vacations. All taxes and fees are included. The retail value of this trip is $6,000.
The second prize in the raffle is an 11-piece Le Creuset Ultimate Cookware Set with a retail value of $1,700.65.
Eat to the Beat has raised more than $3.7 million for Willow Breast & Hereditary Cancer Support. Over 80% of the event’s proceeds will support Willow’s free programs and services.
Eat to the Beat takes place at Roy Thomson Hall on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at 7 p.m.
Tickets for Eat to the Beat are $175 and can be purchased online. Tickets include a sampling of savoury and sweet dishes at 60 stations, as well as wine, beer and non-alcoholic beverages.