I was at the Big Carrot Health Food Store in Toronto recently and picked up one of their delicious salads from their deli counter. I enjoyed it so much that I wanted to try and replicate the salad at home. It was a Julienne Vegetable Salad with Tahini Dressing. This salad makes use of all of the fresh vegetables you can get at your local farmer’s market. The Leslieville Farmers Market in Toronto is one of my favourites. If you’re looking for other summer salads to make, here’s a recipe for Artichoke, Chickpea and Sundried Tomato Salad.
Here is my version of Julienne Vegetable Salad with Tahini Dressing.
Julienne Vegetable Salad with Tahini Dressing
1 yellow bell pepper
1 red onion
1 bunch of cauliflower
1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup of Tahini
3 Tablespoons of Tamari
juice from 1 lemon
2 garlic cloves
4 Tablespoons of water
- Wash all vegetables except red onion.
- Slice the zucchini in julienne pieces.
3. Slice yellow bell pepper in julienne pieces.
4. Peel carrots and slice into julienne pieces.
5. Remove skin from red onion and slice into julienne pieces.
6. Cut cauliflower into small florets.
7. Add all vegetables to salad bowl.
8. Combine Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Tahini, Tamari, juice from lemon, garlic cloves and water in a blender or jar with screw-top lid and mix.
9. Pour dressing over salad and toss well.
10. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
The Julienne Vegetable Salad would go well with roasted chicken, baked fish or a chickpea casserole.
Yum! I love the sound of that dressing!
Sounds really good and it looks very pretty when it is done. Might have to make it this weekend, we have guests coming and I was looking for a few new salads to make.
Comments are closed.