Toronto International BuskerFest has a new home this year: Woodbine Park in Toronto. The annual festival showcasing international street performers takes place Labour Day Weekend from Friday, September 2, 2016 to Monday, September 5, 2016. BuskerFest at Woodbine Park will feature over 100 performers from around the world including acrobats, magicians, aerialists, jugglers, daredevils, fire manipulators, hula hoopers, comedians, musicians, puppeteers and circus performers throughout the weekend. The festival, now in its 17th year, raises funds for Epilepsy Toronto.
New Acts at Toronto International BuskerFest
- ACE-K (Japan): Eisuke performs acrobatics, juggling and balloon manipulation.
- Barada Street (United Kingdom / Kyrgyzstan): Barada Street, a comedy act, is made up of a gangly English idiot and a strongman from Kyrgyzstan. They perform a comedy act with acrobatics and live music.
- Cirque No Problem (Israel): This comedy show combines traditional and modern circus and features double trapeze, rope walking and more.
- Dr. Bubblito (Mexico): Wherever he goes, there will be bubbles.
- Ran’D Shine (Philadelphia, USA): Magician and comedian Ran’D Shine’s magic involves illusions and sleight of hand as he interacts with the audience.
- The Silver Starlets (Toronto): The Silver Starlets is an all-female aerial acrobatic show with a 20-foot high freestanding aerial rig for their stage.
Returning Acts at Toronto International BuskerFest
Returning acts at Toronto International BuskerFest at Woodbine Park include:
- The Budapest Marionettes (Hungary): These puppets are animated by constructor/performer Bence Sarkadi, who uses an artistic language characteristic of Central Europe.
- Bex in Motion (Toronto): Bex in Motion incorporates dance, fire and hula hoop tricks.
- Fireguy (Toronto): Fireguy returns with his “OYeah Show” demonstrating skateboard tricks and fire stunts.
- FlameOz (Australia, Britain & USA): FlameOz returns to Toronto International Busketfest to perform two shows: one featuring circus skills including juggling, acrobatics and hula hooping and an evening show blending energy, dance and fire.
- Magic Man (South Africa) returns to Toronto International Buskerfest.
- Mat Ricardo (UK): The gentleman juggler presents his skills, slapstick humour and breathtaking feats.
- Pancho Libre (Mexico): Pancho Libre’s act is full of circus, fire, and martial arts involving a cyr wheel, contact staff and Chinese-pole skills.
- Seb Whipits (Windsor, Ontario): The only whip juggler in the world, his show features whip cracking, whip juggling and unicycling.
- Silver Elvis (Toronto): A favourite of past BuskerFests, Peter Jarvis performs his version of the mechanical Elvis.
- Throw 2 Catch (Québec / France): Throw 2 Catch return to the festival with their new show “Made in Kouglistan” involving a Cyr wheel, teeterboard and Russian Bar.
- Victor Rubilar (Argentina): The 5 Guinness World Record holder for soccer ball stunts returns to BuskerFest at Woodbine Park with amazing tricks.
The Toronto International BuskerFest at Woodbine Park features roaming acts such as stilt walkers and contact jugglers, plus world-class balloon twisters, face painters, chalk-artists, living statues and a great variety of musical acts.
Music acts will include Ahi, Candy Apple Jazz Band, Farrucas Latin Duo, Heather Chappell & Vince Peets, Screeched Inn, Dr. Draw & The Strange Parade, and more to be announced.