By Lori Bosworth
It’s great when you can combine your need for entertainment with your need to donate to socially conscious initiatives. Recipe for Change, a fundraiser for FoodShare Toronto, allows you to do just that! Enjoy an evening on February 23, 2017 when you get to experience culinary offerings from Toronto’s top chefs at the St. Lawrence Market.
Recipe for Change will feature thirty of Toronto’s top chefs preparing dishes representing Toronto’s eclectic food scene. Some of the guest chefs include:
- Ricky Casipe, Hawthorne Food & Drink
- Therese Degrace, The Good Earth Food and Wine Company
- Bashir Munye
- Cynthia Leung and David Castellan of SOMA Chocolate
- Amreen Omar, Bombay Street Food (Read our review of Bombay Street Food here.)
- Rocco Agostino, Pizzeria Libretto
- Felipe Faccioli, Mata Bar Toronto
Since 1985, FoodShare has delivered healthy food and food education to schools and communities across Toronto. Community-led food initiatives include growing fresh produce in schools, training young urban farmers and serving low-cost nutritious meals in Good Food Cafes and community kitchens.
Recipe for Change will also include a silent auction with the following items up for bid:
- a round of golf for 4 at Angus Glen Golf Club
- 2 tickets to see the Toronto Raptors
- Jamie Oliver by T-Fal Collection Cookware Set
- 2 tickets to see the Toronto Maple Leafs
- 1 night stay with breakfast at Hilton Hotel in Toronto
- 2 tickets to Stratford Festival, dinner for two at Pazzo and one night’s stay at Mercer Hall
- $500 shopping spree at Winners/HomeSense/Marshalls
- $500 VIA Rail Gift Certificate
Recipe for Change takes place at the St. Lawrence Temporary North Market, 125 The Esplanade, from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. on February 23, 2017. Tickets are $135 and includes all-you-can-eat-and-drink at the event. Purchase tickets at Recipe For Change. .
Follow @FoodShareTO on social media using #recipeforchange and #rfc17