By Lori Bosworth
Just in time to receive tips for holiday entertaining, The Gourmet Food & Wine Expo 2017 returns to the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in Toronto from November 16-19, 2017. Experience more than 1,500 wines, beers and spirits, learn about new food trends and get tips from cooking professionals at this annual Toronto food and drink event. This year’s expo will focus on craft beer and homebrews, new whiskys, rosés and sparkling toasts and artisan cheeses. We’re giving away 2 Elite Admission passes to the show (see giveaway details below).
Some of the highlights of the Gourmet Food & Wine Expo 2017 include:
- Learn about cheese at presentations by Switzerland Cheese throughout the weekend and taste cheese samples with Celebrity Maître Fromager Afrim Pristine;
- Learn how to pair types of cheese with choices with various local and international wines from Charles Smith Wines, Creekside Estates, Rosewood Estates Winery, and Vieni Wines & Spirits. There will be a special focus on sparkling wines and rosés, which are becoming popular with millennials and even men;
- Sample some of the best craft beers available, with a diverse range of breweries on tap such as Beau’s All-Natural Brewing Co., Creemore Springs Brewery, Lost Craft and more. Learn how to master the art of homebrewing with PicoBrew;
- Find out how to make the perfect Caesar on Sunday, November 19, 2017 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. come see the top mixologists from across Canada square off in a live Caesar-making competition. Watch as the Mott’s Clamato Best Caesar in Town regional finalists compete to take home the Best Caesar in Town national title;
- Learn about whisky’s resurgence in popularity at the Crown Royal Pavilion. Whisky is now the drink of choice of many millennials and women.
The Gourmet Food & Wine Expo takes place November 16-19, 2017 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre North Building. Follow the Gourmet Food & Wine Expo 2017 on social media for updates.
Tickets for the Gourmet Food & Wine Expo 2017
VIP Preview Evening (Thurs., Nov. 16, 2017) – $35 advance online or $40 on-site if available.
Advance Online General Admission – Fri., Nov. 17, Sat., Nov. 18 and Sun., Nov 19, 2017
Friday admission before 5 pm $25 (One time admission only)
Friday admission after 5 pm $30 (One time admission only)
Friday admission on-site $35* (One time admission only)
Saturday admission before 5 pm $25 (One time admission only, no re-entry)
Saturday admission after 5 pm $30 (One time admission only, no re-entry)
Saturday admission on-site $40* (One time admission only, no re-entry)
Sunday admission $20 advance
Sunday admission $20 on-site
Elite Pass $50 – Valid any one day
*These admission rates are for online purchases only.
You’ll need sample tickets to redeem for sampling wine, spirits, beer and food. Sample tickets are $1 each and are available in sheets of $20 at the Expo. Sampling prices vary depending on the product from 1 ticket to 6 tickets on average.
Gourmet Food & Wine Expo 2017 Hours
Thursday, November 16, 6pm-10pm (VIP Preview Evening & PRIDE Night Social)
Friday, November 17, 2pm-10pm
Saturday, November 18, 12pm-10pm
Sunday, November 19, 12pm-6pm (Mott’s Clamato Best Caesar in Town National Final)
Admission is restricted to guests who are 19+, with valid photo I.D. No infants or children permitted.
Enter our giveaway to win 2 Elite Pass Tickets, $100, to the Gourmet Food & Wine Expo 2017
Must be 19+ to enter. Giveaway closes Nov. 15, 2017 at 3 p.m.
This contest appears on Contest Canada