Is it just me or did 2018 fly by faster than an IndyCar battling for first place? It seems like I was just putting the Christmas decorations away only a few months ago, but I now realize that a full 12 months has passed. They say time passes by quicker as you age…well that’s certainly true for me! Or perhaps it’s just that I’ve been super busy all year. Whatever the case, it’s good to slow down at the end of the year and assess one’s progress, as well as refine one’s goals. Did you have a particularly good year and want to celebrate the incoming year in style? You might want to book one of these Toronto restaurants for New Year’s Eve 2019 dinner now before they sell out. They are some of my favourite restaurants in Toronto. Happy 2019!
New Year’s Eve 2019 at Benihana at Royal York Hotel
Enjoy a Teppanyaki-style experience right at your table at Benihana at Royal York Hotel on Monday, December 31, 2018. The New Year’s Eve 2019 5-Course Menu includes:
- Salmon Belly Nigiri | Avocado Maki
House Cured | Maple Lacquer | Shiso | Seaweed Salad
- Miso Soup
Asari Clam | Enoki | Wakame | Tofu | Scallions
- Asian Slaw
Shredded Cabbage | Heirloom Carrot | Cherry Tomato | Daikon Toasted Cashew | Rooftop Honey Ginger Dressing
Hibachi Vegetables – Onions, Zucchini, Mushrooms, Bean Sprouts Steamed or Fried Rice
- Choice of 1:
Wagyu Strip Loin – 4 oz.
AAA Canadian Filet Mignon
Yorkshire Valley Chicken Breast
- Choice of 1:
Lobster Tail or Scallops
Japanese Cheesecake, Matcha Frosting
Seatings are from 5:30 p.m. – 10 p.m. Cost is Adult $125 plus tax and gratuity; Child $65 plus tax and gratuity. Benihana is located at the Avenues Level. Call 416-368-2511 to reserve.
New Year’s Eve 2019 at The Guild Inn
Enjoy a four-course dinner at the New Year’s Eve 2019 celebration at The Guild Inn on Tuesday, December 31, 2019 beginning at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $115 plus tax and can be purchased online. The NYE 2019 four-course dinner includes:
Passed hors d’oeuvres during cocktail hour
Sweet Potato & Butternut Squash
French Chicken Supreme with potato duchess, tomato mushroom duxelle, beet chips
Oreo Stack Cake
Open bar (wine, cocktails, beer, soft drinks, juice, coffee, tea)
After dinner, there will be dancing as a DJ spins tunes.
Enjoy a NYE 2019 VIP menu at David Duncan House at Don Mills and York Mills Roads. The menu includes:
Moet & Chandon Ice Station
Mixed Charcuterie Board
Mini Seafood Tower – shrimp, salmon, seaweed salad, raw tuna, mussels, crab leg
Meat Platter – lamb chop, filet mignon, rib eye
Dessert Tower – macaroons, loukoumades with honey and cinnamon, mini cheesecake and mini chocolate torte
Bottle of Belvedere per table
Mini Moet for Midnight Toast
Cost is $275 per person. Call 416-391-1424 to reserve. Please advise David Duncan House of any food allergies. David Duncan House is located at 125 Moatfield Drive.
Enjoy a New Year’s Eve prix fixe menu at Akira Black at The Bisha Hotel on Monday, December 31, 2018 for $125 per person. Includes complimentary bubbles at midnight. Add $75 for sake and wine pairings. The prix fixe menu includes:
First Course: Tuna/Mushroom Pizza
Second Course: ab wagyu tacos, eggplant miso, alaskan king crab
Third course: show me the roll, hot mess
Fourth course: miso black or toban filet mignon
Sides: grilled asparagus, kimchi & bacon fried rice
Desserts: chocolate in a cup, apple harumaki
Reserve by calling 437-800-5967.
Ring in 2019 in style at Sofia Restaurant. The Yorkville restaurant is featuring an $85 prix fixe menu at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Monday, December 31, 2018 and a $130 prix fixe menu at 9 p.m. on Monday, December 31, 2018. The prix fixe menu includes:
Antipasti: Insalata di Inverno OR Arancini ai Funchi Selvatici OR Wagyu Beef
Pasta: Gnocchi di Ricotta e Tartufo OR Linguina Aragosta OR Garganelli al Ragu di Manzo
Secondi: Branzino alla Griglia OR Costina di Manzo Corta OR Risotto alla Zucca
Dolce: Mousse di Café OR Pannacotta di Castagne OR Limone Cagliato
Call 416-479-8974 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve.
Celebrate Noche Vieja (New Year’s Eve) at Labora Restaurant & Bar‘s Spanish Nights fiesta! Dress up in a Spanish-inspired look and enjoy a four-course meal, cava, and music all night long! The restaurant is offering the following two seatings:
- 5:30 p.m. seating includes a four-course meal with a choice of amuse bouche, starter, main course and dessert, and glass of cava for $55. Guests should arrive between 5:30 and 6:30 p.m. and end their meal by 8:30 p.m.
- 9 p.m. seating includes a vermouth on arrival, four-course meal with a choice of amuse bouche, starter, main and dessert, and glass of cava at midnight for $75. Guests should arrive between 9 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. and can stay until 2 a.m.!
Labora is located at 433 King Street West. Call 416-260-9993 to reserve.
Enjoy a prix fixe menu on New Year’s Eve 2019 at Kost Restaurant at Bisha Hotel Toronto. The first seating is $95 per person and the second seating is $125 per person and includes a glass of Veuve Cliquot champagne, live entertainment, and a countdown to Midnight. The prix fixe menu is listed below. Call 437-800-5938 to reserve:
Appetizers (Choice of)
- Chilled Shrimp Cocktail (Green yuzukosho cocktail sauce, fresh horseradish, lemon)
- Ahi Tuna Cevich (Truffle ponzu leche de tigre, yuzu mayo, avocado, squid ink crackers)
- Wagyu Beef Tostada (Smoked eggplant, purple corn, jalapeno, cilantro, furikake)
- Carrot + Avocado (Cumin yogurt, green charmoula, cilantro, feta)
Second Course: CHARCOAL GRILLED PITA (Choice of 1 for 2 people)
- Eggplant: Pickled fairytale, black pepper tofu, guindilla, charred tomato, smoky eggplant puree
- Green Chorizo Albondigas: Tomatillo salsa verde, sumac red onion, mint yoghurt
- Braised Beef Cheek: Red curry, peanuts, coconut, bean sprout, cilantro, lime
Main Course (Choice of)
- Grilled Maitake Mushroom: Marinated tofu, tahini yoghurt, fresh chickpea, pickled onion
- Charcoal Grilled Lobster: Sungold tomato, samphire, corn, fennel
- Miso Glazed Black Cod: Chinese greens, scallion, black sesame
- Wagyu Picanha: Black garlic potato, crisp onion, foie gras sauce
Desserts (Choice of)
- Huckleberry + Buttermilk Cake: Pistachio, white chocolate ganache, sour cream ice cream
- Chocolate Caramel Souffle: Sesame praline, salted caramel ice cream