Every year, my uncle holds an annual family barbecue. It’s the only time during the year that I get to see all of my cousins. It’s a very special occasion and each one of us brings a dish, usually homemade. I usually bring a salad, although each year it’s different. This year, I decided to bring a Roasted Cauliflower and Onion Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing. I recently discovered how delicious roasted cauliflower is so I was eager to share this with my family.
Let me know in the comment section if you make this salad.
If you love roasted cauliflower, you might want to make Indian Spiced Roasted Cauliflower.
Roasted Cauliflower and Onion Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 small red onion
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice I used juice from one lemon.
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne optional
- pepper to taste
- 1 box mixed salad greens
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Chop the cauliflower into small florets and slice red onion into 1/4" strips.
- Place cauliflower florets and sliced onion on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle 3 Tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste over vegetables and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and stir vegetables. Return to oven for 10-15 minutes until cauliflower and onion are slightly browned at edges.
- In a screw-top jar, add 1/3 cup of tahini, 1/3 cup of water, 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of cumin, cayenne (if using) and a dash of freshly ground pepper and shake well. Refrigerate if not using right away.
- Add roasted cauliflower and onion to bowl with mixed greens and add Lemon Tahini dressing. Enjoy!