After being on the Keto diet for the past year and losing 40 pounds, I still like to cook low carb recipes since now, it’s about maintaining my weight loss.
I love chicken recipes so I thought I would try my new Ninja Foodi XL Pro Grill & Griddle to make Air Fryer Chicken Tenders with Almond Flour. Using the air fryer component of the Ninja Foodi XL Pro Grill & Griddle is perfect when you want something fried, but don’t want the high calorie count that comes with it. Of course, this recipe could be baked in an oven if you don’t have an air fryer.
This recipe also uses almond flour. I’ll be honest: I have never used almond flour before! I was eager to see how different the coating for the chicken would be as opposed to using regular flour. I was pleased to find out that the coating was quite good and I loved the nutty flavour – something you wouldn’t get if you used regular flour. I chose unblanched almond flour (also known as almond meal) since it is slightly higher in fibre and antioxidants than blanched almond flour. I wanted the coating to be crispy so I used a basting brush to brush avocado oil on each side of the coating before placing the chicken tenders in the air fryer basket. If you have avocado oil or olive oil spray, just spray it on the chicken before placing it in the air fryer.
The almond flour coating makes these chicken tenders quite filling. As a result, all you really need to make this a complete meal is to add a vegetable or salad. I roasted some Brussels sprouts while the chicken was air frying and served them with the chicken. They made a delicious, easy, casual dinner – perfect for game day!
Perhaps you have an air fryer, but have lost the manual. You may be able to locate your air fryer Manual here.
Here’s another favourite Keto recipe of mine: Fried Shrimp Cauliflower Rice Keto Recipe
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders with Almond Flour
- Air Fryer
- 1 large bowl
- 1 medium-sized bowl
- paper towels
- 1 pound chicken tenders, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- olive oil or avocado oil spray
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F. Serve with dipping sauce!
- Wash and dry chicken tenders with paper towel.
- In a bowl, beat eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond flour, paprika, garlic powder, pepper, onion powder, oregano and baking powder.
- Dip each chicken tender into beaten eggs, then dip in almond-spice mixture and place on waxed paper or plate.
- Place chicken tenders into air fryer basket. This will require two rounds of cooking.
- Spray the top of the chicken tenders in the basket lightly with olive or avocado oil spray (or brush chicken tenders lightly with olive or avocado oil), and then set timer for 12 minutes.
- Flip chicken tenders after 6 minutes and spray or brush other side of chicken tenders lightly with oil spray/oil.
- While they’re cooking, dip the rest of the chicken tenders in beaten egg and then almond-spice mixture and then cook the remaining tenders in air fryer per previous instructions.
- Serve with sauce. (I used plum sauce.)
This is definitely my meal! chicken tenders for life! low carbs but tasty and can full my stomach. haven’t tried air frying it though.
Hi Michael, Yes, I love chicken tenders too! They cook nice in the air fryer! Cheers, Lori
Gotta love the air fryer. Seriously, makes everything taste so good! As a keto fan I love low carb too!
This sounds very delicious and love that you use almond flour, hope to try this recipe sometime.
These sound delicious! I’m so intrigued by air fryers, they’re not something I’ve used (there’s no room in my kitchen for any more gadgets!), but they sound like a great bit if kit x
I’ve heard so many people talk about air fryers but I don’t have access to one yet. It looks like you can cook nutritious and tasty meals without excessive oil.
Hi Alvern, Yes! If you enjoy fried foods, but not all of the oil, you’ll definitely enjoy using an air fryer! Cheers, Lori
looking great! My recipe is very similar and we call it our happy dish
This looks delicious. Very timely since we are planning to have chicken tomorrow. We might as well try a new recipe. Thank you for sharing this. Can’t wait to try it.
Hi Clarice, I hope you enjoy the chicken tenders. Like you, I enjoy trying new recipes frequently! Cheers, Lori
Comments are closed.