I’m late to the cauliflower rice game. But cauliflower rice is the perfect ingredient to substitute in many recipes that call for carbohydrate-rich rice and that’s why I’m embracing it. It fits perfectly with my high protein and vegetable and low carbohydrate eating plan. In this blog post, I’m making Salmon Fillets with Cauliflower Rice and Spinach.
Cauliflower is both a friend and foe to me. I love this Braccicaceae family vegetable roasted, but I do not enjoy preparing cauliflower as the little pieces that seem to fly everywhere as you are chopping it really irritate my Virgo moon personality which likes everything neat and organized. Hence the need to hand chop cauliflower in small batches with lots of room on the cutting board to minimize those airborne bits.
To make the cauliflower rice, I attempted to make it in my old Siemens food processor since I had read online that this was the best method, but it appears I am missing a part or I just couldn’t remember how to assemble my food processor because I use my food processor mostly for mixing. Plan B meant making the cauliflower rice in my Braun PureMix Blender. That turned out to be a fairly efficient method, plus the cleanup is much easier.
My tips for making cauliflower rice in the Braun PureMix Blender are to ensure you cut your cauliflower into florets no larger than 1”. Chop in the blender in batches of about 1 ½ to 2 cups to avoid getting it stuck in the blades. You’ll probably have to scrape the sides of your blender cup in between batches.
Cauliflower rice tastes great in a spinach and garlic mixture. You will hardly be able to taste the cauliflower. Finally, paired with salmon fillets, cauliflower rice and spinach make a high protein, low carbohydrate meal for those on Keto or Paleo diets.
Please let me know in the comment section if you make Salmon Fillets with Cauliflower Rice and Spinach.
Salmon Fillets Over Cauliflower Rice and Spinach
- 2 salmon filets
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 package frozen spinach thawed and squeezed to remove water
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 zest of 1 lemon
- 3 Tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- 5 teaspoons sour cream
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut cauliflower into 1" florets.
- Add cauliflower florets to blender in small batches (about 1 1/2 cups) and chop for 30 seconds to create cauliflower rice.
- Place cauliflower rice on pan lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and bake in oven for 25 minutes, stirring cauliflower rice at cooking halfway point.
- Wrap salmon fillets in parchment paper packets and bake in 425°F oven for 25 minutes.
- Heat 3 Tablespoons of olive oil in frying pan on medium heat. Add minced garlic cloves to pan and saute for 30 seconds
- Add spinach and lemon zest to frying pan and saute for 1 minute.
- Add cauliflower rice to spinach and stir for 1 minute.
- Add sour cream and chopped dill to spinach cauliflower rice and mix well.
- Place half the spinach cauliflower rice on plate, top with salmon fillet, garnish with fresh dill sprigs and serve.
We love fresh salmon fillets and takes no time to make. Perfect over rice and great side dish vegetable
I agree. Salmon fillets are so easy to make! Cheers, Lori
I was want new ways to use veggies. This includes all my Favorite
I also always look for new ways to prepare veggies! Cheers, Lori
This cauliflower and spinach looks so good together. I thought I was the only one who splashed cauliflower all over when i prepare it. It is the price you pay for a healthy meal.
No, you’re not the only one. Cauliflower seems to go everywhere! Cheers, Lori
I eat it all the time. I love that you mixed it into spinach and garlic. I need to try this recipe asap.
I just started eating cauliflower rice and love it! It tastes really good with spinach. Cheers, Lori
I think that salmon and cauliflower go perfectly together! Your recipe sounds light and delicious!
Yes, salmon seems to perfectly complement cauliflower! Thanks! Lori
Totally making this wonderful and healthy meal tomorrow for dinner.
I hope you enjoy it! Cheers, Lori
Yum! My husband and I both love cauliflower rice AND spinach. I am putting them on my grocery list right now. Thanks for the recipe!
I love both cauliflower and spinach too! This recipe is good even if people aren’t crazy about cauliflower because you barely taste it! Cheers, Lori
A friend of mind has been obsessed with cauliflower rice. Curious if she has tried this combination with spinach. It sounds delicious!
Yes, cauliflower rice tastes delicious with spinach! Cheers, Lori
I love the idea of cauliflower rice and spinach. I have to admit that I’ve never tried it before. I like that you’ve plated it with salmon. That’s always a hit in our home.
Comments are closed.