My first priority for 2021 is to put my health first. For me, that means taking the time to prepare healthy meals, being conscious of how much I eat and what I put in my body, as well as upping the number of walks I take per week. I’m doing well and have lost four pounds (I started this new health routine around Christmas.)
Although I follow the Keto diet, I want to reduce the amount of red meat and chicken I eat and increase the amount of fish. I love the taste of fish and I also love how easy it is to prepare. One of my favourite types of fish to cook is haddock. One recipe that is going to be my go-to fish recipe is Baked Haddock with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto, Zucchini and Orange Pepper. Some people complain that haddock tastes too plain so I’ve added some gustatory interest to this recipe in the form of PC Tomato Pesto, which you can buy at Loblaws or No Frills. If you can’t find prepared tomato pesto, here’s a good recipe for sun-dried tomato pesto. I like easy recipes during the week so I would prefer not to make my own pesto even though I know it’s healthier. I use only two tablespoons of PC Tomato Pesto in this recipe, but it really gives the haddock a delicious sharp taste!
If you’re like me and looking for an easy fish recipe to prepare during the week, give this recipe a try! Let me know in the comment section if you get a chance to prepare Baked Haddock with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto, Zucchini and Orange Pepper.
Here’s another easy recipe to prepare haddock: Chia Seed Crusted Haddock
Baked Haddock with Tomato Pesto, Zucchini and Orange Pepper
- baking pan
- parchment paper
- 2 filets haddock I used fresh Icelandic haddock.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tomato pesto I used PC Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto.
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 zucchini
- 1 orange pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Slice zucchini into 1/4" slices, then cut slices in half.
- Cut orange pepper into strips.
- Mix tomatoes, zucchini and orange pepper in oven-proof pan and drizzle with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Place pan in oven and roast for 8 minutes.
- Place haddock filets on a large piece of parchment paper.
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 3 minced garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh mint, salt and pepper and pour over fish.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of PC Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto on top of each fillet, then fold parchment paper into a packet, tightly sealing ends.
- Place packet of haddock in center of oven-proof pan with tomatoes, zucchini and pepper and return pan to the oven for 22 minutes. Serve immediately.