I was recently sent a copy of Rose Reisman’s Meal Revolution to review on my blog. This wonderful cookbook features recipes inspired by Canada’s New Food Guide. Reisman is well known to Canadian households as she is an author of 20 cookbooks, is frequently interviewed on TV and has been in the food industry for over 25 years. Her latest cookbook features more plant-based recipes such as Crispy Fried Tofu with Maple Soy Glaze over Edamame; Instant Pot Lentil Quinoa Chili; and Avocado, Tomato and Cucumber Salad.
If you are not following an exclusive vegan or vegetarian diet, you’ll be pleased to know that Rose Reisman’s Meal Revolution also contains many chicken, steak and fish recipes. One recipe I was eager to try is the Cauliflower Steaks with Panko Crust, Tomatoes, Green Beans and White Beans. I have become a huge fan of roasted cauliflower. The enhanced flavour is totally worth the 30 minutes it takes to roast this cruciferous vegetable. Because I find beans hard to digest, I omitted them from the version I made.
If you want to make this a complete meal, you will want to add beans such as canned or cooked white kidney beans. Just add the beans to the tomato, olive oil and salt and pepper mixture. I love the look of the cauliflower steaks on the plate – they look like cauliflower trees to me – so I would definitely serve them with some grilled chicken or salmon for a complete meal.
If you want to purchase Rose Reisman’s Meal Revolution, you can purchase it on Amazon. As an Amazon affiliate, I do earn a small commission is your purchase it.
If you love cauliflower as much as I do, you might want to make Fried Shrimp Cauliflower Rice Keto Recipe or Salmon Fillets with Cauliflower Rice and Spinach.
Cauliflower Steaks with Panko Crust, Tomatoes and Green Beans
- large baking pan
- small baking pan
- garlic press
- small bowl
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1/2 pound green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil You can use parsley instead.
- 1/4 cup panko crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet and a small baking sheet with foil and spray with olive oil.
- Remove leaves and trim end of cauliflower, leaving core intact. Place cauliflower core side down and slice in half from top to bottom. Cut each half into three steaks so you have 6 steaks.
- Place steaks on large baking sheet and spray or brush steaks with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- Spread green beans on smaller baking sheet and bake for last 15 minutes of the cauliflower baking.
- In a small bowl, combine minced garlic, parsley, panko, cheese and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Combine tomatoes, 1 teaspoon of olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle panko topping over cauliflower steaks and add tomato mixture to the baking sheet with the green beans. Bake both sheets for another 5-7 minutes until panko topping is lightly browned, then serve immediately.
Looks really healthy! And the colors are inviting. We really need to go organic and more healthy options esp this time. Great job.
Yes, I agree. We do need to add more healthy and organic foods to our diet! Cheers, Lori
I love cauliflower. In fact, I have an almost similar recipe called cauliflower chops. I’ll try yours with panko crust because I’m sure it will have a bit of crunch.
Oh, cauliflower chops sound good too! Yes, there is a bit of crunch to this one. Cheers, Lori
What a great dish idea to make using cauliflower. Love baked veggies and am pretty sure the panko crust and the sides of tomatoes and green beans will taste great!
Thanks! I love baked veggies too and yes, it tastes good with tomatoes and green beans! Cheers, Lori
looks delicious. In fact I am a huge fan of cauliflower: pretty much anything with cauliflower looks perfect to me
Thanks! I love anything with cauliflower too! Cheers, Lori
This seems so delicious and healthy, need to try!
Yes, it’s not only healthy but delicious! Cheers, Lori
This is some really healthy recipe. I haven’t tried it this way before though. Might be worth the try. Thanks for the recipe.
Yes, it’s super healthy! I hope you are able to try it! Cheers, Lori
This dish looks really so yummy and tasty. I will also try it too soon
I love cauliflower. It sounds and looks pretty tasty but I think I’d need to add a few more vegetables.
Oh yes, you could definitely add more vegetables! Cheers, Lori
Such a good looking and healthy dish. Moreover, it’s very easy to make. I’ll definitely try this out in the coming days.
Yes, this recipe is very easy to make. I hope you enjoy it! Cheers, Lori
Comments are closed.